Thursday, October 20, 2011

freaking. out.

Ok, maybe not fully freaking out.  But getting apprehensive.  There are four days until I speak at my mom's group at church, and although I know what I'm going to say (and may or may not have it typed out word for word), I'm starting to get nervous.  Kevin says I'll be fine, and I'll do a good job.  And that may be.  But for now, I'm anxious.

I'll take that as a sign that I need to pray and rely on the power of the Holy Spirit to settle my heart and mind. 

So come Holy Spirit and relieve my anxiety.  Help me to know that my words are not mine but instead are yours.  Thank you for the opportunity to heal some of my past hurts in preparation for this talk.  And help me to speak sloooowwwly and clearly.  In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment