Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sickies (part 2)

Oh yes.  There is yet another chapter in this ridiculous sickness saga.

I had to take Nathan in to convenient care this afternoon when I went down for my physical because I just couldn't take the fact that he couldn't stop coughing.  He was literally coughing 5-6 times per minute all morning long.  And I'm glad I took him.  Turns out his oxygen levels were down to 94%, which apparently is bad for his age.  The NP we saw, who was as amazing as the lady we had yesterday for Natalie, checked him out ever so gently and told me that he may need a chest x-ray.  I sort of got worried at that point, and seeing my anxiety, she suggested that we could try a stronger nebulizer medication before going the x-ray route.  So we sat there and Nathan patiently took his treatment.  Then I had an appointment with my doctor upstairs for my school physical, so we went to get that over with while the medicine took effect for Nathan.

We came back down to convenient care after my appointment and a quick trip to the lab, and when they checked his pulse-oximetry again, it was a much better 98-99%.  So we got to skip out on the x-ray today and came home with a script for this Pulmocort nebulizer treatment that he's supposed to get twice a day for at least two weeks and possibly longer.

We're supposed to go see Dr. Schuster next week. (Thank you to Michigan State for losing so we can have our favorite doctor back!)  Sounds like we might get an official diagnosis of asthma, which would probably involve daily maintenance treatment.  Totally fine with me since that may help prevent this never-ending cycle of bronchitis every four to six weeks.

Anyway, please be praying for my boy.  He's so pitiful right now, and I really really hope that this medication takes care of this problem.

In other news, Natalie is much better.  Unfortunately, because she's been out of commission for two weeks as far as making mischief goes, we got an extremely heavy dose of ANNOYING this afternoon and evening.

Sigh...

*thankyouJesusforahealthygirlthankyouJesusforahealthygirlthankyouJesusforahealthygirl*

Still sort of worried about Nola because she's still running a fever.  I have a feeling I'll have to take her down tomorrow, but I just couldn't take her today because of my appointment.  And I couldn't cancel it again.  So we'll see how she is, but I pray that Jesus would just totally heal her overnight.

And that's it on the sickies for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment