Monday, February 20, 2012

Gold dust

A couple Sundays ago at church, Kevin and I went down for prayer after the service.  We went for quite a variety of reasons, not the least of which was all the stress surrounding Kevin's brother Michael moving in with us. 

Tamara was name of the lady who prayed for us, and she prayed so beautifully and powerfully.  Kevin and I were both crying and laughing at the same time.  She told us that the word that kept popping up in her mind was "best," and since we had also asked for prayer for our small group I immediately thought that she was going to say that we didn't have to worry about being the best at anything.  But that was not what she (and God) had in mind at all.  She said, "I just feel like God is saying he has his absolute best for you."  In my head, "OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  Out of my mouth, "wow."  And then she said that she had a picture of us, and gold dust was falling on us. 

This had been the second time in just a week that I had heard gold dust mentioned in reference to something spiritual.  The previous weekend had been Holy Spirit night, and even though we weren't there I had seen on some facebook statuses that gold dust had fallen that night.  At that point I had become intrigued, so I went to google to find some more information about this.  And this is what I found..."The gold dust appearing helps remind us of the spiritual truth that God is majestic and rich in spiritual blessings."  (from The Rising Light website)


I really took to heart what she had said, and throughout the rest of the day I was certain that God is calling us to something amazing.  On Tuesday after that Sunday, I was at the bank cashing a check and when I got the cash back the teller said, "oh one of those has some glitter on it - it's special!"  I didn't really hear what she said at first, or maybe it just didn't register.  But as I pulled away from the window and went to set the money down I saw it.


Above my thumb near the 1 on the left....gold glitter.
I broke down in the parking lot and cried, thanking God for His faithfulness.  Sure, it's just glitter, not real gold dust.  But to me, it's more about the symbolism.  I love how God just speaks into my life in ways that I absolutely can't miss.


Our blessings are totally coming, and I'm all in as I enjoy the ride!

2 comments: