Monday, February 20, 2012

Nola is 1!

Can I just say that I have been in utter denial for about a month that Nola's birthday was coming up?  And since her birthday, I've been in denial that it even happened.  But now I'm starting to see the light.  With a year under her belt, Nola has begun to act a little different.  So much so, that I can say I'm starting to look forward to the day when I've got my boobs back to myself.  (sorry...tmi, maybe?)  Not much...a little.  Baby steps, here.  Baby steps.  I'm in that kind of strange stage where I'm pretty sure she'd be fine replacing most breastmilk calories with solid food calories, but I'm not totally ready to take the complete plunge.  And from what I can tell, neither is she.  Some days she wants to eat everything in sight every time she sees someone sit down to eat.  And other days, she's content to nurse with maybe only one meal or snack.  So, it's been kind of strange, but I'm sure it will even out here over the next several weeks.

And now for the update...

Eating:  Everything.  My girl loves to eat.  She gets really vocal and emphatic.  I have yet to find a food that she doesn't care for.  In fact, sometimes I wonder if she actually tastes anything she's eating since she just shovels it in most of the time.  And as mentioned, still nursing frequently.

Teeth:  Still at six and holding.  But with the way her sleep has been lately, I would not be at all surprised if there were a few more in the works.

New skills:  She's standing unassisted for several seconds in the middle of the floor as well as taking steps while holding only one of my fingers.  There are times where she'll be leaning up against the couch, and then all of a sudden she'll start to move away and look like she's going to take a step but then she goes right to her knees.  I'm really in no hurry for her to walk.  I'll be totally excited when she does, but I'm not ready to look at her as a toddler yet so she's free to stay my little baby as long as she wants to!  (and she knows this...we've had discussions.)

Loves:  Her daddy.  And Bubby and Sissy.  She's become a lot more attached to them with me being out of the house for three hours three days a week for school.  Kevin says she follows him all over the house and never lets him leave her sight while I'm gone.  And she loves following the older two back to their room to get in on the action.

She loves her books!

Bathtime!

She's the cutest!

Noly-pop in the box!

Ta-da!  I'm one!

No comments:

Post a Comment