Wednesday, December 14, 2011

best moments ever

In the past couple weeks, we've had two amazing moments as a family.  Moments that make me proud to be a mother to MY children.  Moments that I've been dreaming of for years.  Moments that I want to breathe in, bottle up, wallow in, and bathe my soul in at the times (like today) when life with three kids under five is hard.

The first one happened at the end of dinner about a week and a half ago.  Kevin, Natalie, Nathan, and Nola were still at the table, and I was in the kitchen.  Nola had just learned how to clap her hands, and we were all saying, "YAY!!!!" And Nola would just giggle and clap and look around at each of us smiling at her.  It was one of the sweetest things I've ever experienced, and I remember as I was standing there watching that I was just reminding myself to totally soak up that moment.  Tears came to my eyes, and joy filled my heart.  All of us were blessed in that moment.

Then last night, Kevin and I were having a conversation as the kids were playing when I overheard Nathan say his foot hurt.  He didn't make much of a fuss about it, so I didn't either.  Just a minute later, I looked back over to where they were sitting and Natalie had his foot in her hands praying for him.  I sat in complete awe as she led him through the prayer.  She would say a line, and he repeated it back just like I do with each of them.   They finished, and I praised Natalie for taking the initiative to pray for her brother.  Then Kevin said his shoulders hurt and sort of hinted that they should pray for him.  So they went behind the couch where he was sitting and each of them put their hands on one of his shoulders.  Natalie led the prayer again.  Short, simple, to the point.  "Jesus, please make Daddy's shoulders feel better.  Pain, go in the name of Jesus. Amen!"  Kevin said it felt a little better, so I told the kids to pray again.  They happily obliged, of course.  After Kevin, they prayed for Nola's bronchitis to go away.  And then my little prayer warriors were back at it this morning praying for anything and everything.  I am sooooooo proud of them.  Can't even find the words to express what this means to me.  I am so in love with the fact that they do listen and follow my example, especially when I least expect it. 

So thank you, Jesus for my amazing children.  Bless them as they go about their daily lives and give them courage to pray for anyone and everyone who needs to be touched by You.  Help me to continue to live out your example for them so they will grow into the people they are in Your Kingdom.  Thank you for loving us, Jesus!  Amen!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this Louise! You have some special children!!

    ReplyDelete