Saturday, December 3, 2011

the new Biblical definition of me

Galatians 6:10 NLT
Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.

This is my new favorite verse because it describes how I do life.  You know how people ask what your favorite verse is or to pick one that describes you?   This is it for me.  I love, and I mean LOVE helping people.  Giving things away that I don't need or don't use, sharing anything with anyone, just helping.  I love it.  I have things that I still am using now that I think about passing on to certain people that I know will either love it or really need it.  People and their needs are on my mind all the time.  


I say "new" Biblical definition of me because when people used to ask my favorite verse, I would always say Proverbs 20:11 because that is the verse that my parents chose for me when they gave me my first Bible when I was little.  Proverbs 20:11 is this, "Even a child is known by his actions, by whether his conduct is pure and right."  Pretty sure they were just telling me to behave by choosing that verse for me, but for the better part of my life that verse has lived in my mind as a reminder to consider how my actions might define who I am.  I'm going to teach Natalie this verse in the hopes that it will serve as the same reminder to her as she grows.


Nothing like passing on good words to grow by.

No comments:

Post a Comment