Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's a *gasp* artificial tree

It looks good....for being an imposter.

If you know anything about me and Christmas, you know that having an artificial tree is the next thing to blasphemy.  That being said, I decided that this would be the year to go with an artificial one because we don't really have the layout in our living room that would make it easy to use a gate to keep Nola out of the needles that would inevitably fall from the tree.  So, with a heavy heart I went to Wal-Mart and picked out this beauty.  It was a lot easier to put up than I thought it would be since it's just in three sections with the branches folding out from the "trunk."  I added some of our flashing LED bulbs because the pretty colors flashing against the wall (or blinds in this year's case) are one of my favorite things to watch late in the evening during the holidays.

As I was putting it up this morning, I was already looking forward to a couple years from now when we can go back to a live tree and I can pass this one on to someone else to enjoy.  Probably when Nola is two or three, so this will be the tree for at least one or two more Christmases.

No comments:

Post a Comment