Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I need to get with it.

So here I am, going about my every day life, passing up all kinds of blogging material.  Don't know what my problem is, but I promise I will rectify the situation.

Perhaps it's that I've been processing so much lately.  Like big stuff.  Really big stuff.  Stuff that is still not processed enough to post on a public blog because I have yet to figure it out myself.

So a brief rundown of the past several weeks...

 I turned 27 on October 17th.  I've never really experienced any really big changes or transitions around my birthday, so this year is a major exception.  I almost feel like I've actually aged instead of feeling the same the day after my birthday as I did the day before it.  It's quite an interesting feeling, and I'm still getting used to all that it brings.

A week after my birthday, I spoke at Mom2Mom on forgiveness.  Even though that's a topic that I'm sure I'll never master, preparing that talk gave me a lot of new insight on what it means to really forgive.  We had some really awesome and honest discussions followed by some amazing worship, great words of knowledge, and powerful ministry.  And I'm still hearing from ladies that were touched and challenged by my story.  God is so good, and I'm so blessed to have this refreshed perspective on His goodness.

Following that meeting I've had all kinds of stirrings for changes in my life.  This is the part where it becomes unprocessed and personal, so I'll omit details.  But let me just say that this time next year and maybe even just months from now, my life is likely to look completely different in many ways.

Then the week of Halloween was really crazy and busy, and I really don't even remember much of it.  Natalie went trick-or-treating with her dad and Liz and (of course) had a great time.  Then this past weekend she was with them as they were joined in marriage.  Congratulations to the both of you, and I wish you all the best!  Natalie had a blast being the flower girl and getting to spend time with all of her out-of-town family.

This past Sunday we went to church where Nola was dedicated.  It's really special when I think about what that really means.  The promise that we make publicly to raise our children so they know Jesus is so important and profound.  Again, so blessed for a new perspective on that.  The message was amazing.  Love when Jeff Augustine speaks.

Yesterday was VLT (Vineyard Leadership Training), and it was literally life-changing.  Still processing, so I'll get back to you on that.  You ladies who were there, I love you.  I am so thankful for the influence each of you is having on my life.

Mom2Mom today, and again amazing.  This group of women is incredible, and I really feel a new sense of unity and togetherness this year that I didn't feel last year.  I don't know if it's because I was new last year or if it's just because it's really happening that way this year, but I feel it.  And I love it.

There's the update on me.  Sorry it's a little vague, but stay tuned for more later.  Kids post will come later.  For now, it's quiet in my house.  Kids are at school, and Nola is asleep.  Sounds like lunchtime to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment