Wednesday, November 16, 2011

John 14:27-29

The enemy is all over so many people I know lately.  People are sick, dying, sinning, imprisoned, depressed, confused, desperate, crying, and hurting.  Everyone from young children to older adults, no one is spared.  I ran across this verse tonight in the book of John.  Some context: Jesus was giving instructions and promises to his disciples before his capture and eventual crucifixion. 

And this is what he says John 14:27-29  “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.  Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am.  I have told you these things before they happen so that when they do happen, you will believe."

I pray that Jesus will bring his peace to everyone I know who is suffering right now.  I pray that they would not be troubled or afraid but would instead rest in knowing that the peace of Jesus is covering them.  And I really feel like God is saying that He is going to use all these horrible things for the purpose of building stronger faith and making a lasting impression on those who do not believe yet.  I pray that He shows me the way to minister to all those that I know are hurting.  And that I'll be bold and obedient in stepping out to pray with them.  

So thank you, Jesus, for your promise of peace.  And thank you that you died so that we might live.  I lift up all my friends (who are really more like family) who are experiencing some hard times which are really more like impossible than hard.  Help their experiences to be faith-building and inspire new growth and belief in them and all those who surround them.  Thank you for giving me a heart for their hurts.  Help me to follow your lead in praying for and with them.  Give us all more of you.  In Your name I pray, amen.

1 comment:

  1. very nice and timely! there is so much confusion in the world today. so many options in the world for choices.....but there is only one choice we must and I stress must make for true peace, the peace in the mist of a storm and we know that is the Lord Our Savior, JESUS. nothing we do or have can bring that comfort we have in JESUS, AMEN.

    ReplyDelete