Saturday, November 19, 2011

This is just too dang early

4:30 am ... Nola wide awake.  Roll over to other side to attempt to nurse back to sleep.
4:45 am ... Realize this is probably going to be the end of my night.
5:00 am ... Take Nola to her room to nurse because it feels like she's going to tear my poor, thrush-laden nipples off (Curse you antibiotics.  Screw you ear infections.) while simultaneously scratching the skin off my chest and face with her sharp little fingernails (Stupid Mommy fear of nail clippers).
5:10 am ... Get her wrapped up and under control.
5:15 to 5:30 ...  Nurse nurse nurse.  Ow ow ow.
5:35 am ... Nola pops off and says, "Mamamamamamamamamama!!!!!"  Crap.  Now she's being cute.
5:40 am ... Turn light on in her room.  We both do the squinty eye thing.  Change diaper and admit defeat.

And that was just one side of the craziness.
5:00 am ... Natalie is up, FULLY DRESSED, TV on, and ready to start her day.  I growled something at her like, "Turn that off and go to bed.  grumble grumble grumble."
5:02 am ... Pretty sure she already had the TV back on just a few minutes after I told her to turn it off.  Because, you know, Natalie can do whatever she wants and I'm powerless to stop her at 5 am and she knows this.
5:05 am ... Natalie wakes Nathan up.  Nothing to say but....grrrrrr.

Amazingly, they stayed pretty quiet while I finished with Nola.

At 6 I put cinnamon rolls in the oven.  Kids ate, I ate, Nola started rubbing her eyes.  When we were done I put the kids back in their room, put Nola to sleep, and went back to bed.  Thankful for my awesome husband who got up with the kids when they started getting noisy so that Nola and I could sleep until almost 9.

Nathan is spending the morning with Grandma since he's usually the one who stays home.  They're going grocery shopping, so I'm hoping he'll come home tired enough for a nap.

Here's to a better day than what I started with!

No comments:

Post a Comment