Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Beds, days 2 and 3...

So we got the kids' beds on Monday.  The first night wasn't a total disaster, but the following morning appeared to be the beginning of the end of my sanity.  Natalie and Nathan were up at 6:30 after going to bed just a little before 10 the night before.  So naturally by about 9:30, Nathan was a complete mess. 

Thankfully, Natalie had her Head Start screening yesterday (which already feels like 2 weeks ago), so Kevin was able to take Nathan for a ride in the car all by himself.  He fell asleep and slept for....count 'em...3 WHOLE hours.  And I figured last night would be extra difficult because of the long nap, but it really wasn't too bad.  Especially considering that I upped the ante and put Nola in the crib for the first time last night.

This is how our evening routine now looks...and I PRAY that it doesn't look like this very long!  I miss my evening!

7:00...showers for Natalie and Nathan, bath for Nola
7:45ish...Natalie and Nathan in their rooms (sort of), nurse and sing to Nola
8-8:30...Nola (hopefully) lays down, but sometimes this takes until after 9
9-9:30 until done...lay with Nathan in his bed to hush him and send "NO!" hand signals to Natalie every time she tries to provide a distraction
9:45ish...lay with Natalie and sing her bedtime songs (a new thing since she sees me laying with Nathan now)

10:00...BREATHE...I survived.  And now I'm exhausted, so I get about 5 seconds worth of interaction with Kevin, take my vitamins, drink my water, and head to bed so I can get up to feed in a few hours

A quick note on Nola...she loves her crib.  Thank goodness.  She slept from 9 to 1:15 and 1:30 to 4:30 and then was up at 5:30, 6:30, and 7.  No nap this morning due to sleep training and then "background" noise, but she's been down for 2 hours already this afternoon. 

I'm totally wiped out, but we'll get there eventually.  I joke that I'm crazy for making everybody transition at the same time, but I think I would rather have extreme chaos all at once rather than a series of chaos as each one has to adjust to something new.  And maybe, just maybe (please, God!) we'll have it all sorted out before I start school on Monday.  Or maybe at least by the time Natalie starts school after Labor Day.

Maybe....

Please...

Pleeeeease....?

No comments:

Post a Comment