Tuesday, August 2, 2011

days go by

Inspiration for the title of this blog is a Keith Urban song.  Don't ask me how it came into my head because I have no idea, but it seemed fitting.

The past couple years I have felt like my life consists of making it from one day to the next, waiting for something to happen with no idea when to expect a change or what to do to make it happen faster.

That is, up until July 22, 2011 when during the More Love More Power conference at church I got a word that this period of my life is precious time.  I had never looked at it that way before, and I've spent the past week and a half examining my life in search of things that are precious.

And this is what I've found:

1. Three beautifully healthy children that need me to act like time is precious.
2. A husband who loves me and desperately wants to see me grow to become more of who God made me to be.
3. The Holy Spirit within me urging me to take a risk, make a move, do SOMETHING that will ignite my passion and restore the hunger that has seemed to disappear through the everyday realities that come with being a mother.
4. I need to stop saving things to do another time.  Like scrapbooking, probably my most favorite activity.  And playing the piano...I really need to find a piano somewhere.  These things were a big part of who I am, and I miss them terribly.  Here's to making a concerted effort to reincorporate one or both of these hobbies to my time.
5. I need to value myself.  Taking the extra 10 minutes to do something with my hair or picking out something to wear that is a step above jogging pants (because let's face it, I don't jog) will do wonders for my self-image.
6. I need to start documenting (ah-ha, blog!) milestones for the kids, keeping track of cute things they do and say, and writing a birthday letter to them each year.

So in an effort to really value the precious time I'm in right now, I'm making some changes.  Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment