Did you know that avocados are considered a "perfect" food? It's true. You could eat ONLY avocados and get everything you need to survive. One medium avocado contains around 320 calories and 30 grams of fat, which is perfect for a growing baby brain.
- Avocados are one of the 15 foods least contaminated by pesticides so if organic is your thing, don't worry if you can't find organic avocados!
- One tree can produce between 150 and 500 avocados per year! Lots of green mushy goodness!
- Avocados have the highest protein content of any fruit.
- Avocados contain more potassium than bananas.
- On average, 53.5 million pounds of guacamole are eaten every Super Bowl Sunday, enough to cover a football field more than 20 feet thick. (haha...couldn't resist)
Gotta love super foods!