Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Just when you think...

Just when you think it's going to be one of "those" days, there is peace like a river.

My morning started out with the recently obligatory screaming followed by incessant demands for breakfast followed by nursing (phew) followed by getting puked on followed by running late so no time to change the pants so out the door we go.

*breathe for 2 seconds on the drive back from dropping Natalie off at school*

Walk in the door, Nathan's a mess, I need to make a trip to Wal-Mart, Kevin is going to be gone for most of the day.  Ok, sure, leave me on a day starting out in the red.  Go to Wal-Mart, squash a tantrum, give a cuddle, procure a snack, kids back in the car, back home we go.

As we're exiting the car, I notice Nathan's poop face.  He's wearing big boy undies.  "Nathan do you need to go potty?" "Yes, Mama."  "Ok let's go potty."  We get there, and he's already done a little bit so he sits to try for the rest.  Nothin' doin', so we get up and clean up.  Then I tell him I'm putting the baby to sleep, and he looks at me and tells me he pooped again.  Ok, make baby wait, clean him up again.  He insists on big boy undies again, and off we go.  Put baby to sleep, check on Nathan, goldfish crackers covering bed and cable not operating.  Call to fix cable, Nathan disappears, hear noises, go check, Nathan is trying to go out the back door, try to distract him, he tells me "Too boo-boo (poop) to go outside."  Are you serious?  3 times in 20 minutes?  Come on, cable lady.  Finally get off the phone, clean him up AGAIN, and it's time to go get Natalie from preschool. 

Crap, don't want to wake the baby.  Go see if the neighbors are home to listen to the baby monitor.  Thank goodness that works.  Get Natalie, get her home, feed kids a snack, and she says she hears her bus.  I don't believe her since it's only 11:55 and school doesn't start until 1, but I check anyway.  SURE ENOUGH...there it is.  So out the door she goes with chalked up pants from preschool that I didn't get to wipe off because we were home a whole ten minutes before she left again.

And now there's peace.  And now Nola is waking so I don't have to wake her to take Nathan to school.  Thank you, Jesus for taking a ridiculously crazy day and inserting some peace just when I needed it the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment