Wednesday, October 19, 2011

27th birthday

Well, my 27th birthday will definitely be one to remember thanks to some very special people in my life.

On Saturday, I got to celebrate my birthday a couple days early with my parents.  We went over for brunch - waffles, eggs, bacon, homemade blueberry sauce with blueberries from my dad's bushes, and good company.  Just what I needed that day.  I got some awesome cooling racks that I have needed for awhile.  And I got a giftcard to Kohl's.  I went shopping after church on Sunday and got some new jeans.  Can't wait to go back and get some new tops to go with them.  Kids were getting restless, so we had to get home.

I woke up on Monday morning to a beautiful ring from Kevin.  Natalie began the day by informing me that she was going to plan to have me out of the house for the day so that they could prepare my party...haha.  She has all these big plans and she's so into the details.  Cracks me up. 

We had a wonderful breakfast and a peaceful morning, and I had almost 50 birthday wishes on Facebook throughout the day.  Perspective:  I think I got about 15 or 20 last year.  God has blessed me with tons of new people in my life.  My most favorite new person since my last birthday is the person who gave me the best birthday present I have ever received.  Holly gave me a beautiful Clavinova electric piano.  I still have to pinch myself to believe it's real, and I feel so alive since I have music back in my life again.  It's like free therapy. 

Bonus:  I was able to find my huge box of piano music in the garage, so I have plenty to keep me busy!

On Monday night, my mom came and babysat Natalie and Nathan so Kevin and I (and Nola) could go out to Red Lobster for my birthday.  It was such a relaxing and delicious meal.  Nola was hilarious as usual, and adamantly demanded more biscuit every time she finished a bite.

All in all, an amazing birthday.  I'm so grateful to God for each and every person He has placed in my life, and I'm so grateful for all the wonderful presents and well-wishes.

I am one blessed human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment