I did it. I made these adorable little snacks for Natalie to take to preschool. Quite tedious, but they were worth the smiles on Natalie's and Nathan's faces as they ate them and told me about how well they were received.
Here's the recipe:
Ritzy Spider Snacks
40 Ritz crackers
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 1/2 tsp shortening
pretzels broken in half
mini Reese's pieces
1. Spread 20 crackers generously with peanut butter.
2. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in microwave by heating for 30 seconds at a time and stirring in between. Stir until smooth.
3. Dip broken pretzels into the chocolate on the non-broken end. Place on crackers with peanut butter to serve as the legs.
4. Dip the top of a cracker in the chocolate and push gently onto peanut buttered and eight-legged cracker.
5. Place mini Reese's pieces on the chocolate cracker for the eyes.
6. Repeat until done. Chill in the refrigerator until cool enough to stack in a storage container. Store in the fridge.