Thursday, October 20, 2011

one is the loneliest number

Reading my One Year Bible this morning, I came across this passage.

1 Timothy 5:24-25
Remember the sins of some people are obvious, leading them to certain judgment.  But there are others whose sins will not be revealed until later.  In the same way, the good deeds of some people are obvious.  And some good deeds done in secret will someday come to light.

This helps me realize that we ALL have some areas in which we fall short.  No matter how together I think some people have it, there are certainly things about them that I don't know.  If all of us could realize that deep, dark secrets exist in every human being, it might just be easier to call Satan a liar and dismiss the shame that comes from thinking "I'm the only one."  We might be more willing to share our shortcomings and confess our sins to each other. 

This is what I'm praying for today.  Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment